For a while, we’ ve been addicted to this very easy to make egg soup, and we made it many times with Asian meals.
I miss miso soup too!
Hi! it’s Betty.
Miso is quite precious in here.
It’s also lots of garlic, ginger, and spring onions to warm you up.
This is a healthy and delicious Chinese egg soup recipe.
Chinese Egg Soup Ingredients
For 2 people
- Garlic 1 or 2 cloves
(As you like)
same amount as the garlic
- Sesame oil
One turn at the bottom of the pan and finishing
- Egg 1
- Mushrooms and other vegetables
(If you like)
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock 1
- Potato starch (to thicken)
- Green onions (On top)
- Roasted sesame seeds
Mince or slice the garlic and ginger.
If you like it spicy, you can add the chili peppers to it with the garlic.
Vegetables are whatever you like.
But you don’t have to have any.
If you add mushrooms, you can add umami, so it’s good.
If you have chicken broth, you don’t need chicken stock to make this dish.
Here’s how to make it ↓
Chinese Egg Soup Recipe
- Cut garlic, ginger and vegetables
- Add a dash of sesame oil to the pan and heat it up (about medium heat).
- Once the sesame oil is warm, add the garlic and ginger.
- Fry slowly until it has a nice aroma and a nice color.
- When the garlic and ginger are nice, throw in some water (as much as you like).
- Add vegetables.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Taste and add more if needed.
- Make potato starch dissolved in water and add it to the soup.
- Turn the heat up to high until it’s thickened,
- Pour the beaten egg into the bowl while running it down the chopsticks.
- Wait a moment
- Sometimes stirs it up.
- Remove from the heat and top with spring onion and sesame seeds as much as you like.
- A little salt and pepper to taste.
- A little bit of sesame oil.
- It’s done!
Taste and adjust as you go.
Substitute for Asian foods when you can’t get them
We use it as a substitute for products that are difficult to find in Europe.
Chinese soup stock
It would be good if I had a Chinese soup stock, but it is not so easy to get, so I substitute normal chicken stock.
I want to avoid additives as much as possible, but it’s easy to use, so I tend to use them.
It would be nice if I could easily make the organic easy stock that can be preserved, but it seems to be difficult to make, so I haven’t tried it yet.
Potato starch is pretty good for thicken up.
If I can’t get potato starch, I use corn starch instead, which is relatively easy to get.
If you don’t heat it up on medium-high heat after you put it in, it won’t thicken up much and tastes like flour….
Potato starch is the best in the ‘thickening flour’ category.
It should be possible to find, but it is not always so easy.
It seems to be a rare item in Europe.
Enjoy Chinese egg soup !
It’s easy to make, healthy and delicious!
Lots of garlic, ginger, and green onions to warm you up.
I recommend this soup in winter.
It can be made with only a few ingredients, so when you want to make another dish of soup easily, you should definitely try it!
And it”s good for the van life because it’s easy to cook, and less dishes to wash.
This was a recipe for a delicious Chinese egg soup that is easy to make in Europe.
Enjoy Chinese egg soup!